- Faculty and Staff
- Forms and Links
Students applying from abroad who have received official admission notice should apply at the nearest ROC embassy, consulate or representative agency for entry visas to enter Taiwan. Visitor visas and resident visas are issued to students depending on the length of their study. Student admitted to a degree program will need to apply for a resident visa. A Resident Visa is valid for three months. To apply for a resident visa, please prepare:
1) A passport valid for at least six months;
2) A duly completed application form with one photo;
3) Supporting documents or official admission notice; and
4) Other relevant documents.
5) Health Certificate if applicable
Resident visa holders are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate at the city/county police headquarters nearest to their residence in Taiwan within 15 days after their arrival.
※ For students who failed to obtain resident visas from overseas, they may apply for visitor visas to enter Taiwan. They will need to apply for resident visas to the Bureau of Consular Affairs
After registration applying for a visitor visa, please prepare:
(1) A duly completed application form with two photos;
(2) An outbound airline ticket or verifiable proof of purchase of steamship ticket;
(3) Documents verifying the purpose of visit, i.e. valid student ID card with registration stamp; and
(4) Other relevant documents.
Most of the students are allowed to stay in Taiwan for about sixty days and may apply at the city police headquarter for a maximum of two extensions.
2. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) Application
Resident visa holders are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate at the city/county police headquarters nearest to National Immigration Agency within 15 days after their arrival. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
2.2 Extending an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
One should begin preparing to apply for an extension at least two weeks before one’s ARC expires.
1. Pay tuition and fees for upcoming semester. Get a stamp for registration on student ID card.
2. Go to National Immigration Agency (TEL: 0800-024-111) with passport, ARC, student ID card.
2.3 Re-entry permit
Anyone holding an Alien Resident Certificate and wishing to leave Taiwan for a short time should apply for a Re-entry permit. One will not have to apply outside Taiwan for a new visa. To apply for a Re-entry permit, one needs to take the following steps:
1. Pay tuition and fees for upcoming semester. Get a stamp for registration on student ID card.2. Go to Taipei City Police Department and apply for a Re-entry permit with Certificate of Enrollment (i.e. student ID card), passport and Alien Resident Certificate.